Brittney Owens Photography

Brittney Owens Photography
visit me on my site or facebook.com/brittneyowensphoto

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Father Tom's photo contest

I was very excited to find that I had won the September photo contest put on by Father Tom Elliot. Each month Fr Tom selects a theme to motivate photographers. The them was as follows:

 "Our theme this month was "deeper seeing." Let me explain! In 1 Samuel 16:7, we read that, "God does not see as human beings, who see the appearance. The LORD looks into the heart." This passage reminds us that there is more than one kind of "seeing." There is ordinary seeing and extraordinary seeing."
-Fr Tom

So each contestant was called to view EXTRAORDINARILY and desaturate their photos, focusing on contrast and composition, not just color. I really enjoy these contests because of the thought provoking concepts that go with them. 

Fr Tom's blog link is:http://nblo.gs/10tdRE




No comments:

Post a Comment